ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES OF OUR MAGAZINE
The ÉOLO Environmental Magazine is a media outlet published by the Foundation alive to promote transdisciplinary understanding of environmental problems as evident today that affect the population. Since its inception in October 2000 , it has been subjected to a continuous process of qualification , evidenced in its transformation over time. The magazine considers a central issue in each edition , approached from the widest possible set of perspectives, integrated into four sections : Conceptualization , Action, Poetics and Management.
The magazine is aimed at a wide audience on the various topics that include the environmental dimension of development. In each publication , the essential aim of pointing and management action alternatives regarding the addressed problem remains ; we hope that this knowledge and experience contribute to development actors at all levels , both in civil society and by private and public entities. Similarly , we expect generated compendiums are useful as historical memory of the worked subject .
ÉOLO has an editorial committee responsible for establishing the criteria to be applied by persons interested in publishing in the journal and to ensure the quality of texts in terms of thematic relevance , academic relevance and conceptual rigor in the various fields presented . Approval and final selection of articles is arranged with a Scientific Orientation, according to the theme to develop.
The magazine is aimed at publishing original texts based on personal or institutional research results, reflection , management or scientific, technological , poetic and philosophical about environmental issues higher incidence for the conservation of biodiversity speculation and species human on the planet.
CHRONOLOGY MAGAZINE ÉOLO
- From ÉOLO , Year 1, No. 1 to ÉOLO, Year 3 , No. 8 , tabloid format , various topics of environmental, social , cultural , educational , legal and historical nature they are addressed.
- ÉOLO, Year 3 , No. 8 ( 2003 ): High El Romeral and strategic ecosystems AburráValley .
- ÉOLO, Year 4 , No. 9 ( 2004 ) : Environmental Management and Solid Waste Management .
- ÉOLO, Year 5 , No. 10 ( 2005) : The Environmental Dimension of Food Safety .
- ÉOLO, Year 6 , No. 11 ( 2006) : Agroecology , foundation of urban -rural synergy towards the integral development of Antioquia .
- ÉOLO, Year 7, No. 12 ( 2007) : Managing flora, essential policy to mitigate the disastrous consequences of the global climate crisis.
- ÉOLO, Year 8, No. 13-14 (2008 ) : Responsible Mining , historical option to harmonize economic prosperity , land planning and environmental conservation in Colombia.
- ÉOLO. Year 9, No. 15 (2010 ) : Region and City. Understanding the Ecological Footprint . essential to harmonize the territory with the planet responsibility.
- ÉOLO. Year 10, No. 16 (2011 ) : Forests , Water and Life. Inter- Process memory for the Protection of Forests in Antioquia . 2011 - International Year of Forests.
- ÉOLO. Year 11, No. 17 (2012 ): Sustainable growth or sustainable development? In search for alternative paths to the permanence of life.